Friday 22 July 2022

Thursday 21st July 2022

Just to let you know, there will probably be no blogs for a few days, as on Saturday we are on another railtour, then on Sunday into Monday, I am going to Wales for a short trip, so back sometime Monday evening, and I will update here with all the details.

So, that's something to look forward to, but not much has happened this week.

In our department, there is just my soon-to-be-ex boss and me in, and he is off Friday, so I am in control. Or something, and the lonliness of command weighs heavy on my shoulders.

Not really.

Work is slow, all Ihad to do was have my bi-weekly meeting with my boss where we agreed I was basically right about everything. Sometimes, I wsh I were wrong, but as we went over the last few months, pretty much all of what I said has come true.

That being said, I try to close my travel expenses. I mean I have been on two trips this year and it has taken months to allocated my receipts. At the end, SAP asked how well I thik their system was.

I told them.

Well, they did ask.

And at half twelve I settled down to watch the final mountain stage of the Le Tour, and we had a guy come round to fit a new shower, as the chalky water kere kills electrical equipment. The old one was still working, not not good. He had to drain the hot and cold tanks, take away the old one, fit the new one and then wait while the tanks refilled.

Two hundred and two Two hours.

The Tour cycled on. And up. And down. And up again.

That was it.

I packed away work, and prepared dinner once the race was over, chorizo hash as we hadn't had it recently.

And there was beer.

Followed by music and football as Germany beat Austria.

And that was that.

No comments: