Thursday 21 July 2022

Wednesday 20th July 2022

Sleep came by with great difficulty, espeically with the storm before midnight. I heard it rain during the night, and it was drizzling when we got up at half five, with mist in the air. It looked cooler but was still hot and humid.

At least there was no need for watering.

Indeed, more rain came before seven, unleashing plenty of Petrichor into the air.

Jools had already opened both doors and all the windows to allow more fresher air into the house.

Truth is, I am all caught up at work. I had set aside three days this week to complete a task, which even with hambagging the task, I finished it by the end of Tuesday. So Wednesday would be spent waiting on mails to come in.

Two hundred and one To entertain myself, I have started watching videos on YouTube, other tubes are available, of Irish people trying things. Yesterday, it was them trying drinking advent calendars. Each calendar with beer, rum or whisky in, were shared by two people, drinking all 24 days between them in one sitting.

Like all these things, its the characters of the people that make it. And seeing people get driunk, or try the spiciest food on the planet, and their reactions.

Work was steady.

I had one meeting, which ended after twenty minutes.

Jon done.

Le Tour began at midday, live coverage from the start for a change. The first of two full days in the Pyrénées, as the race races, literally, towards Sunday's final stage in Paris. I take my laptop to the sofa and settle down to watch.

Nothing much happens with work, but there is action all that way in Le Tour.

Phew, I was shatterd just watching it. God knows how the riders felt after that last climb.

Dinner was easy, chicken fillets in a bun, with salad.

Easy.

I should have watched all of England's quarter final in the women's Euros, but ten minutes after half time, with Jools already in bed, I was so tired, I go to bed too. Wheile we slept, England came from behind to beat Spain 2-0.

No comments: