Friday 1 July 2022

Thursday 30th June 2022

There are times, most days in fact, when work is bearable. Fine, and I can long on, do my eight hours and log off.

There are other times when it is a case of staring at the shitshow going on, and wondering is it all worth it? There seems so much to do, everywhere, that its hard to know where to start.

Thursday was like that.

I had work to do, but consentration wouldn't come. No matter how hard I tried.

I would stare at the screen, at the report I was writing, and I used any excuse to turn away and do something else. This was the second day in a row like this, and I had stuff to do before the weekend. It seemed that Friday would be a busy day.

But once the working day ends, at jut after 15:00, I switched the computer off and perked up.

Betten then and eight hours previously, I procrastinated at an Olympic standard for hours on end. I mean, I used to work and listen to the radio, not that is distracting, so I try to work in silence.

I guess it didn't help that my colleagues were all away, and I speak to them usually most days. Maybe that was it. I don't know.

At least the views from the windows was nice.

A walk would have helped, but it was cool, cloudy and very breezy. Not very good for the photo-walk I wanted to do. Always do. So, I stayed in.

In fact, the sun only came out late in the afternoon, so I snapped the Crocosmia was looking stunning in the sunshine.

One hundred and eighty one Dinner was to be fritters, with plenty of cheese in them for that saltiness we like.

Jools had her annual assessment, and her first as acting purchasing manager with a minion to look after. And the good news is that she got a glowing review. She has gone through some dark times, not as dark as Andy, but with Andy now through chemo nd Donna settled in, things are going well.

Which is great news.

Clearly.



The fritters were great. Of course. We had squash instead of beer and/or cider, so not too sleepy once we had eaten.

For Jools this was the start of the weekend, as there was a family to attend on Friday morning. No one close, an Aunt, I guess, her Dad's sister-in-law, who outlived his brother. Of course.

I am not going, I hardly know the more distant family, so will catch up on work. Or try to.

No comments: