Saturday 11 March 2023

Friday 10th March 2023

A couple of weeks ago, I got an invite to a meeting which, if you read it one way, I might have fabricated audit results. My boss didn't read it that way, and said we should wait for the meeting and see what happened.

So, with the meeting put back and put back, my blood cooled, but Friday was the day, kicking off at one just before I would finish for the week, would I be in a good mood at the end?

We shall see.

Jools went to yoga, I put the bins out, filled the bird feeders and was generally busy. Made a second coffee and was all logged on for work at seven.

Eyes down!

Not much to report, really.

Outside it was a fine morning, turned into a sunny morning, and how much would I like to have gone for a walk there and then. But two meetings meant I was stuck inside.

I finished the loaf I made on Monday, thinly sliced and buttered was good enough.

Time then for the meeting.

And nothing to worry about. A was relieved of course, so we all had a good discussion, and although nothing agreed, we did all say there was a problem.

Walking between the showers So, the weekend started.

I grabbed my coat, put on my boots and went out for a walk while it was fine enough.

It has been a cold and wet week, with gales too, just to make it interesting.

And even though the best of the weather was in the morning, I did venture out for a walk, just half an hour, up Station Road then up and down a couple of the roads on the estate, eagle-eyed looking out for new spring plants in flower.

Walking between the showers Once home, I found Jools was back, so we had a brew and a couple of peanut cookies, breathed a sigh of relief as the weekend engulfed us.

I did the music quiz, but failed, so it was then a quick dash to Jen's for supper and then cards.

Even at half six, there was some daylight in the sky, showing that the year, and time marches on. Soon will be summer and we will all say, "it's too hot".

Sixty nine She had made chilli beef and rice, which went down well with a glass of red wine.

We cleared away, washed up and got down to cards, with John winning Meld, but Jools scooping the pot at the end. Yay.

No comments: