Friday 10 March 2023

Thursday 9th March 2023

Not sure when it happened to be certain.

Sometimes we don't realise how ill we have been until we get better.

And I have been living with my poor shoulder for years, have undergone many sessions of physio with little improvement, accepting I would be in pain and/or have restricted movement and would be in pain to the end of my days.

I know that sounds dramtic, but it just became everyday.

And then, at some point yesterday I realised that turning over in my sleep had no woken me for days, perhaps weeks. Against the odds, it seemed, it had healed. Maybe not 100%, but more than I thought would have been possible.

So, there we have it. I am healed.

And didn't realise it.

And so to Thursday, a day in which I would spend it preparing for the major series of audits I have been given to do this year. Rather than auditing a site or factory, I have to audit a function. Which requires preparation.

A lot of preparation, as it turns out.

So, once we were up and our thirst quenshed with coffee, I got down to identifying the parts of the Standard I needed to focus on. This is the sort of work that I like, so with the radio playing and supping frequent brews, the morning passed, I had lunch and settled down to more of my tasks.

I had spent time when drinking tea, to watch the birds out of the kitchen window, hoping to see a Brambling in with the small flock of Chaffinches that have been visiting the garden, and Thursday I finally got to see one, though was gone all too quick to get a shot. I was prepared, though.

Sixty eight There were also meetings, and they passed by quickly too.

Outside it was cold and rained, though we had no snow. I should have gone for a walk when it was bright at lunchtime, but I had two meetings close together giving me not enough time. By the time three came round, it was raining, so I made a coffee and sat on the sofa with Scully and watched Simon Schama talke about William I.

He got the full hour.

And then time for dinner, or to prepare it. Chorizo hash, which I won't bore you with, but I chopped and cooked with the radio playing, ejoying the labour, and speaking to the cats, Cleo especially, who loves to sit and watch what this crazy hooman does.

Hash was great, as was the two glasses of red wine I sent down to keep dinner company.

We found a pack of peanut cookies in the larder, which went well with the coffee, listening to the radio as the final school night turned to bed time.

No comments: