Tuesday 21 March 2023

Monday 20th March 2023

The weekend was over once again.

It was to be a slow start to the week, with Jools deciding to go swining on Tuesday, so lay in to near six on Monday.

I wake soon after five, and already there is light at the window, so far we are through the year, though on Sunday the clocks go forward and we gain an extra hour of light in the evening, though mornings will be darker. For a while.

Seventy nine I look out of the bathroom window and see a fox feeding from the ground feeder. It was just light enough to get a shot, but oddly enough it seemed to be missing its tail, and had clearly some kind of injury to its hindquarters. It ate well, and watched us looking on from the open back door.

We have coffee, check the interwebs and find that the same shit is going on.

Jools goes for a walk, I set up the office, and so begins another working week.

Not much to report, just the same as ever, but now with not enough time to arrange travel before Easter, and after East comes our trip to Spain. In fact, this week is the first of our travels, with Jools going on a bush craft weekend in the wilds of Wiltshire, she leaves Friday lunchtime and won't be back until Sunday afternoon, while I am off on my first orchid trip of the year, seeing a new UK speaies, though planted, in Oxfordshire. So, I will be away most of Saturday, though should be back by dark.

Outside it was dull and cold again, meaning I would easily be persuaded into not going for a walk later.

I do venture intot he garden to fill the bird feeders and check on the pond. The first of the spawn had hatched, and the little wrigglers were out exploring.

Pollywogs We're parents again!

I wish I could say there was more interestng stuff, but this is the way of the world. I think that in the forthcoming weeks and months I will be travelling most weeks. So, not knowing if I will be coming or going.

But that is for another time.

I did finish work at three, but didn't watch any history on the tellybox, but somehow I frittered away the afternoon until it was time to cook dinner; boiled chicken and rice with smoked bacon. Somple but tasty. And filling.

No footy in the evening, just music and coffee.

One day down for the week.....

No comments: