Tuesday 7 March 2023

Monday 6th March 2023

So, after a week in which the temperatures have been heading steadily south, this week we might get actual snow. This means checking the road when we get up so Jools can get to work and so on. Worse is to come Tuesday night, but before then, it was to be cold, grey and breezy. All in all, not pleasant to walk about in.

Being a Monday we were slow to get up, with Jools deciding to go swimming on Tuesday and Thursday, so she did some walking here before leaving for work, though not far. I intended to go out later, but already knew it was unlikely.

Jools went to work, I set up up the office.

Sigh.

Here we go again.

Though in a month we will be in Moorish Spain, me chasing butterflies and maybe orchids. Then it will be warm, and we will not be working.

Most of May off either on Bank Holidays, another week off orchid chasing, before off to Svalbard in June. Barely any time for work, and as we wait for confirmation on dates for us to do audits, days and weeks slip by, with less and less time to arrange travel. Oh, and there's Easter too.

Sixty five That's pretty much the first six months of the year written off.

Which is very nice.

Not much to report on work, other than I got into an argument via e mail with engineers about calibration requirements. Luckily I have the company calibration expert in my department. We supply evidence to back up our statements, ISO standards no less. They arrange a meeting on how to go forward. As close to an appology as we're going to get.

I make bread as there's some left over slices of roast beef, and I correctly think that the beef would be best between slices of freshly baked bread.

And I was right.

I finished work at three. Decided to have a coffee and read a magazine with Scully instead of a walk. I chose wisely, or poorly. I'll go tomorrow, I said. Again.

Dinner was simply toasted hot cross buns and the last of the chocloate mousses.

The clocks go forward at the end of the month, we will have so much light in the evenings then. We ought to go walking every evening before dinner. Like I say we'll do every year.

No comments: