Thursday 2 March 2023

Wednesday 1st March 2023

Wednesday.

Middle of the week.

I realised I have been stuck in the house pretty much since Sunday lunchtime. Despite it being cold, I would have to go for a walk.

Sixty He said.

Sunset on Wednesday, was at 18:00, it wouldn't be that early again until 29th October. I say early, I mean we have gained nearly two hours daylight in the evenings, so it seems, and an hour in the mornings.

Helleborus foetidus Light is winning.

And so is work. Getting in the way of things I want to do. Or enjoy doing.

And by the time we're old enough to retire, we're pretty much too old to enjoy life, to do the things we want. I plan not to be that person.

Senecio vulgaris He said.

Again, Jools didn't go swimming, so we got to lay in, though not as late as we would have liked, as it gets light now at half six.

Primula vulgaris We get up, have coffee. And the day which was supposed to be cloudy, was in fact bright and sunny, more than nice enough to go for a walk later, cold wind or no cold wind.

Viola odorata Jools left for work, I make a second coffee and get ready for work. There is the promise of clarity on our activities in work for the year. I'd say its not total clarity.

Smyrnium olusatrum Its something.

After two days this week, and all five days last week, sitting at the kitchen table in meetings with headphones on, I thought I deserved a walk.

Crocus So I did.

From home, I walked up Station Road, and along Collingwood to see if the Coltsfoot was in flower in the driveway of one of the houses, a group grow there each year, but he seems to have planted daffodils.

Out in the sunshine From there, along and up the track joining up with the middle long lane, before climbing up the down to Windy Ridge and then along the track back to Station Road and home.

Out in the sunshine There wasn't a huge amount of plants flowering, but more than there has been thus far, so I take shots of many of them. I don't post them all on Flickr now, but will do this time de to it still being winter n Canadaland and other such exotic places.

Out in the sunshine All is green in the flush of new growth, a day full of promise, and a promise of a warm and flower-filled year.

I hope.

No butterflies seen.

Again.

So back on Station Road, and the gentle stroll down the hill to home.

Time for a brew, lunch and back to work.

The afternoon crawls by, and I pack up work. No idea what I did after that, other than it took best part of two hours. I think I sat with Scully, and she was happy, purring and snoring away.

Dinner was courgette fritters, which are always winners, even if they do taste different every time.

And there followed an evening of cup football and sitting on the sofa with Scully.

No comments: