Saturday 4 March 2023

Friday 3rd March 2023

Aaah, the end of the week.

Under our previous manager, Fridays were a day of meetings, sometime four straight hours of the things. Our new manager looked at the meetings, rationalised them, which means that just the first Friday of the month has meetings, and then just half the amount previously.

Sixty two Works for us.

One of the coffee meeting, where the whole team here in Eureop and in India, talk about their plans for the weekend, and share photos of stuff they did. I always share photos.

Hearing about life in India is a real treat; the apparently endless stream of festivals, and more so as their are members in the team of different beliefs, so we hear about so much stuff, the colour in their lives, and the bureaucracy that the British Raj left behind, for many things in life, but in particular, getting married.

Jools did go to yoga, so I put the bins, food bin and garden waste bags out, emptied the kitty litter and topped up the bird feeders, then made second coffee so I could sup firing the work computer up.

Not much to tell about work, other than I was clock-watching, and eating more salt beef sandwiches since I defrosted what was left over from Christmas.

Yummy.

I wrap up at half one, tired after a week of achieving very little, or so it seems. Jools comes home, we have a brew and a chat, we now have about four hours in which to chill until the music quiz and the dash to Jen's.

I write, edit shots.

The usual.

I shoot wide in the quiz, so we whizz over to Jen's, laden with a birthday card and flowers, as it was her big day on Thursday. She had made a huge meat and potato pie, whch was very hearty and filling, though did lay heavy.

And then to cards and I pretty much clear up, scooping the kitty of 40p and several hands too.

Its not much, but winning every now and again makes it very enjoyable.

I drove us home at half nine, not much else on the road, so we got back safe and sound.

No comments: