Saturday 25 March 2023

Friday 24th March 2023

We had a car each now, at least for the weekend. And Jools was more of a blur this morning, packing the car, having a cuppa and getting showered and dressed before leaving for yoga at just gone six.

Do you have a coat, I asked, as she was heading out of the door. Oh, good idea.

Weather is always a lottery here in England, but this weekend has heavy showers and clear spells, the ground would already be muddy.

Eighty three And she was gone.

It was me and the four cats, and two and a half days together.

But first, there was work.

I put the bins out and made myself busy, then set up the office and logged on, answered the urgent mails and when it was quiet, made another coffee and had breakfast.

Viola reichenbachiana Outside it was a glorious, sunny morning. I went out to take shots in case the forecast was right and clouds rolled in over the afternoon.

Which is what happened.

The garden is waking up more each day, with new flowers opening daily. I snap them, check in on the tadpoles, checked on our orchid, and all was well.

Lamium purpureum I had lunch, had a call with my boss. And that was that.

Now, for shopping.

Best do it before schools kicked out. In fact, it was fine, most stuff i wanted was in stock, so I whizzed round getting stuff off the list, then waiting in line at the till as I had no clubcard, packing like a pro, paying and coming home. I put all the shopping away, myself. As Jools wasn't here.

Bigger wrigglers For dinner was katsu chicken curry. And wine.

Which was pretty good I had to say.

I then had to wash up, put the badger food out and the rest of the chores.

I drank more wine while watching some history shows, and then to bed at nine, as there was an early start in the morning!

Eeek!

No comments: