Sunday 10 March 2024

Friday 8th March 2024

Sorry to go on about my knee again, but it really is the theme running through my life these days, and the reason why I'm not going out much.

But bear with me.

The cartilage is pretty much healed, but the muscles and tendons are not happy.

One tendon so unhappy, it woke me up at ten to two ion Friday morning, and from then on no matter how I tried to lay, it hurt.

So I got up at four, and messed around online.

We had run out of anti-inflammatories, but I didn't think they'd have made much difference, but did.

So, only four hours work, and working hard staring at a computer screen brought the inevitable migraine just before 11.

It did fade, but there was no point in really working any longer, it would have brought more migraines. So, I went to bed instead, after packing up the office.

I did doze, I guess.

Through lunchtime and into the afternoon, getting up at three. Jools had gone shopping, but a sure way of summoning here is to boil the kettle.

Sixty eight I had taken three sips of my coffee when she came home, so made her a cuppa, and we pondered what to do for dinner.

We were to meet up with friends for dinner in Canterbury, but Peter called it off, which suited us to be honest.

So, Jools went to the chippy and got two pieces of fish and on large portion of chips between us.

I made yet more brews.

The fish was fresh and chips chunky and crispy too. Just what the doctored ordered.

I was feeling a little better, and so in the music quiz I cam top having guessed Blondie's second album from a shot of some plastic letters.

Not much else for the day. I watched the first half of the Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds game, I turned it off after 45 minutes, so missed a Leeds goal in injury time, on their way to a 2-0 win.

No comments: