Tuesday 12 March 2024

Monday 11th March 2024

Back in 2016 we visited Japan and after staying in a traditional ryokan (hotel), with rice paper walls and little or no decoration or objects, upon returning we began to de-clutter.

But despite getting rid of magazines, DVDs and many, many books, in the meantime we have bought more, so as Jools decorates the back room, its our chance to thin more stuff out.

Books bought with the best of intentions, especially during COVID, or with the thought that we would read more when we were retired.

I don't think I shall read more. So, books we have read, some we have not are being stacked up ready for the trip to Deal Oxfam shop on Wednesday, and the painting goes on.

Seventy one And this was the first day of our house share during the day. Me working, and Jools not working.

It is now beginning to get light at half five in the morning, and sunrise before half six, so at the end of the month days will again be longer than nights, and the clocks will spring forward.

Monday morning It seems last time I looked sunrise was well after seven, but now that's nearly an hour earlier, and sunset an hour later.

For work I have a monster audit report to write. The first part trying to decipher my notes into something all, including me, can understand.

Its all good apart from random words which must have meant something last week, but is no lost in the canyons of my mind.

Jools goes swimming, to the tip and to Tesco to get something for lunch, while I plough on with work.

Jools cooks lunch, which is the main meal of the day: fishcakes with bean salad and bulgur wheat.

Which gives me energy to power through the afternoon until four.

Jools comes down from painting to find the computer put away, so we have coffee and supper of buttermilk chicken in a roll, leftovers from the weekend, before she went to aquafit and I clear up, write some, and then sit down to watch the evening football: Chelsea v Newcastle.

Sadly both teams could not lose, but Newcastle did. By which time Jools was back home and gone to bed, so at quarter past ten, I join her.

No comments: