Monday 4 March 2024

Sunday 3rd March 2024

Its now March, the days are much longer and the nights shorter.

Hyacinths are beginning to flower, although Sunday was cold, so I lit the burner watching the afternoon's football.

So, what to do with the day? Well, as I was to be away the next four days, not a lot, and on top of that I felt the knee needed another day of rest.

Sixty three So, no walking.

No swimming.

No climbing mountains.

I woke up to hear Jools driving to the pool for the early session. My tendon on the side of the knee had grumbled all night, so I slept poorly, and felt like I dozed from two.

I got up, made the bed and a coffee. The cats were already fed and asleep, so not much else to do.

I prepare breakfast for when Jools came home, and that's about as exciting as it got.

Jools came back at nine. We ate and had coffee.

We had crumpets for lunch, before Jools went to pick up Jen to take her to Heathrow. I wasn't going, instead I would watch football and keep Scully company, and as it turned out, light the burner, which even though it wasn't that cold, the heat that came off it was very welcome indeed.

Keeping the home fire burning The big game was the Manchester derby, which City won 3-1, overpowering United by just being better in all departments. Utd not that bad, but just not City good.

Jools came back just after full time, so I quickly made fritters, which we soon made vanish along with a couple of glasses of wine.

And that was it for a very quiet weekend.

No comments: