Monday 18 March 2024

Not shy about retiring

I plan to retire on 25th August next year.

I will be sixty.

That is the 25th, not the 31st, I plan to stop as soon as possible.

Its not that I hate work, it makes all the other stuff we do possible, and has helped pay for Chez Jelltex, aka the Ugly House.

And through work I have travelled round Europe and gone to China too.

I have also had a breakdown through it, and am still at work through the kindness and understanding of my manager and colleagues.

I saw a colleague nearly have a breakdown just before he retired, and I have no plan on having a breakdown in my 60s.

So, my manager last week asked if I still planned to retire, as plans would have to be made for a replacement.

Let that sink in, a replacemet 18 months in the planning, meaning I must do some serious shit or know serious shit. Or both.

I replied, among other thngs, that the company does not value me, the job I do nor the knowledge I have that could be used to improve the company. Were that to change, maybe, but I doubt things would change so much I would feel I had to change my plans.

Retiring earlier is more likely, if I'm honest.

So, that's the update.

No comments: