Friday 15 March 2024

Thursday 14th March 2024

Thursday: and Jools was back to work, though we did sleep through the alarm until twenty past six, then there was the rush to get ready after having the first coffee of the day.

And to work, with three hours of meetings from eight, while outside the sun rose at six way to the south-east, so far now that its rays now light up the side bedroom when it rises. And it seems only a couple of weeks ago the sun was rising at eight and opposite the back of the house.

Seventy four I still am cautious about going out for a walk, my knee is some days better than others, but I don't want to tear the cartilage again. But one day I will have really get walking again.

Twins One day.

Lunch was lemon pasta again. Jools isn't keen. I like the tartness of it to be honest, doubly so when mixed with sliced chillies.

The afternoon grew old, and turned to dinnertime. I made a simple lamb tagine, leaving the meat out, though coated with spices to be fried just before the fruit and vegetables, laced with honey and spices would be ready.

Pasta a limone Just as I was about to cook the lamb, I get a phone call from Jools: she had been locked in the factory with the finance director, as the site manager failed to check in the offices upstairs. They had to wait half an hour to be let out, then she had to walk to the car and drive home.

So, the tagine stewed some more and got more flavour, once she got home, I fried the lamb and dished up.

It was splendid, also with some of the focaccia from the evening before.

No comments: