Friday 8 March 2024

Wednesday 6th March 2024

As I sat having breakfast, I looked out across the car park to the Solent beyond, expecting it to be foggy.

But it was clear.

At least here,

So, after eating I went down and walked across to the prom again to take shots, taking care to steer well wide of the drain cover.

Sunrise at Egypt Point It really was too nice to be working, I thought.

Maybe I would go out later?

I walked to the car and drove to the factory where the second day was to take place.

This route I know with my eyes closed, but just for safety's sake, I drove with my eyes open, just in case.

And the traffic was every bit as bad as I remembered, now that it was no long half term. We inched down the main road into Newport at 8ph, little faster than a pack horse two centuries ago.

Sunrise at Egypt Point But that's progress.

Or not.

I reached the factory, reverse parked, and went in engaging my auditors brain as I crossed the threshold.

I finished at four.

I had wanted to be done earlier, so I could go somewhere other than the hotel, but it was now too late to do it, and then there was the traffic.

Sixy six I got back to the hotel, got a soft drink from the bar, and surfed online for an hour before deciding to walk into Cowes.

I had not done 200 yards when my my knee suggested this wasn't the best idea, with going home tomorrow and all that, so, sadly, I turned round and went back to the hotel, stopping to book a table in the restaurant for half six as I entered.

Sigh.

I went down at half six, ordered the actual soufflé, it was breaded goat's cheese I had the other day, that was followed by Cumberland ring sausage on a bed of mash, both swimming in onion gravy.

With vegetables.

Yummy indeed.

All that was left was to pay the bill, so I could make a quick getaway in the morning. That done I went to the room to follow the Norwich game.

Double sigh.

Went to bed at nine as I was to be up at half four.

No comments: