Friday 22 March 2024

Thursday 21st March 2023

Spring equinox.

Thursday.

And it is an odd week, in that I have caught up with work, should have some easy time, but pressure is building on the next series of tasks.

Any our boss has travelled to India to meet up with the other half of our department, so she's been unavailable. And Rune is on a course all week.

Jools had another non-working day, so spent the whole day, some nine or ten hours, painting the back room.

She did work hard, while I manned the computer and answered the phone.

I did have time, however, to use to the car to drive to the butchers, meaning I was out in rush hour traffic, and it gives a totally different view of town. For example the A2 was jammed from Whitfield all the way to the Duke of Yorks, but thankfully, I was going in the other direction.

Eighty one I got there in 20 minutes, and filled a shopping bag with stuff, paid and was on my way back home, and with traffic lighter, I was home in under 70 minutes, I had not been missed.

Jools carried on painting, while I checked mails and took calls.

I bought pork pies for lunch, so Jools stopped for an hour, then went back upstairs in her paint-covered t shirt, painted paw-prints thanks to Mulder.

I helped finish the last wall, so that come half six, we were done. Jools was done.

Dinner was warmed up leftover curry from the night before. And the last of the Norfolk Christmas ale.

Its international break week, so no football to follow, except the Wales v Finland game on BBC Wales, whilst watching tram videos.

Its a hobby.

No comments: