Saturday 13 June 2020

Friday 12th June 2020

Its funny, isn't it, that as we get older, we can still lay in bed, yet our brains wake us up at five every morning. Well, our do. I lay in bed, clearly its daylight, but it it before five or after eight? There is a trick to switch the DAB on and off quickly, and that reveals the time to be 04:50.

Oh well.

The alarm goes off, and after a pause, we get up and for once, I am first one down so make coffee But this confuses the cats, as its Jools that usually feeds them breakfast, so they ignore me and wait for Jools. So, I make coffee, and outside the sun begins to climb in the sky, casting long shadows over our garden.

We wind ourselves up, and Jools' early morning yoga class was to take place on the promenade, rather than on Zoom, so she leaves at just gone six, leaving me with the now fed cats, so I go to do the last session on the cross trainer.

That done, I have a shower, get dressed and make breakfast for me and Jools, she will eat hers once she gets back at eight, but i have four hours straight of meetings, so need to be fed and watered by half seven.

And on with the meetings; starting with the usual virtual gathering around the coffee machine, then onto an auditors coordination meeting, where, for two hours, auditors talk about audits, audit findings and audit planning. The straight into a meeting about another broken process.

It is one in the afternoon.

Jools makes lunch. And coffee.

I do some last minute admin before I turn to computer off at three.

9 days off!

Woohoo.

Highlight of the day is when the dozen bottles of Prosecco I ordered from Adnams was delivered. Yay for the Prosecco fairy!

One hundred and sixty four For dinner I prepare mozzarella and Parma Ham stuffed ficcacia to go with pasta carbonara. I'll be honest with you, it was a big and heavy meal. We both felt so full and tired afterwards that we really didn't do much for the rest of the day.

We scream for..... Just an ice cream van went by, so I sent Jools out to get 99s.

As you do.

A quiet day.

No comments: