Tuesday 2 June 2020

Monday 1st June 2020

Whit Monday (Denmark)

I mention this as this means none of my colleagues will be in work. And I can start work at eight, not half seven.

How lucky I am.

It is another warm and sunny day ahead, and I am stuck in the house. For the most part.

I don't feel like it, but I do an early morning session on the cross trainer, do my 20 minutes and although tired, I am happy.

I sit in the garden with the cats as I cool down. Mulder at my side and Scully on the step the other side. Maybe I should just do this all day?

I wish.

I did have work to do, stuff I had been putting off, so why not use the time to get ahead?

I'll just watch this video on You Tube first....

Only joking.

On with work!

Oh, the morning did drag, no smiling faces of my colleagues in the meeting, or the light hearted joking. Oh well.

If the morning is dragging, why not have an early lunch. So I do. I watch some A Word in Your Attic whilst I eat, Danny Baker in fine form, as usual.

And back to work, and an actual meeting, that I had arranged, and one in which I had to pass on good news, always strange for an auditor, but they are pleased.

As am I.

I needed to pay the window cleaner now that window cleaning is allowed again, he came last week but I had no cash. I have had no cash in my pocketses for months now. So, as I was going to go up to Collingwood, why not go for a walk?

One hundred and fifty three Well, my back was in a shocking state for some reason, and each step caused a pain up my back. But I did make it to Fleet House before turning back.

I saw no butterflies, not much new in plants flowering.

And back home, check on mails, and after packing away, go upstairs to do a second session on the cross trainer. I felt even less like doing it, but do it anyway.

Dinner is sausage meat and bacon pie, with new potatoes and sweet chilli stir fry vegetables, and it all goes together really well.

But it was a quiet day, a typical working day, and another one we made it to the end of.

We live to fight another day. Hurrah!

No comments: