Friday 26 June 2020

Thursday 25th June 2020

FIxmas.

Another week is drawing to an end, and there is little to report. Other than the usual passing of the seconds, minutes and hours which mark the passing of time.

It was to be another red hot day, prior to the day of storms we were to have on Friday. I'll be honest with you, it was already hot when we got up, any the delayed effect of the physio on my arm meant that there was no way I could do a session on the trainer.

It has been slipping, I know. My feet are swelling in the hot weather, but I also need to rest my arm.

Oh dear.

In fact, we manage to sleep through the arm, go back to sleep, and I awoke at ten to seven, the dirty slugabed that I am. I barely have time to get up, get dressed and down the first coffee before work comes calling.

As I dial in for the meeting, Jools make breakfast and second coffee and I feel half human. Not sure whether its the top or bottom half.

And as everyday, work fills the time, but there is music and social media to distract us.

We have rolls for lunch, which again my glamourous wife makes so I don't have to break away from my burning keyboard.

Jools is finding it tough to fill her days, but manages; gardening, tidying up, beading, reading and making me brews and the hours just whizz by.

One hundred and seventy seven I do go outside to take some snaps, but it is too hot to stay out too much. I take shots of the hydrangea we bought a couple of years ago. It failed to flower last year, but with regular soakings, it is magnificent this year. Details in the flowers are stunning.

Hydrangea I take shots.

And dash back inside to stay cool.

Dinner is courgette fritters, which as always, taste different as I never measure the ingredients and add different spices each time. I drink half a large bottle of tripel as I cook, and the rest as we eat. Lovely.

There is no football on TV, or at least the package I have, but Citeh are playing Chelski, and if Citeh fail to win, Liverpool would be champions. I hope you can follow this. Well, Citeh lost 2-1, and so Liverpool were crowned champions, and their fans celebrated long into the night, quite probably not adhering to social distancing, but they could always say they were out testing their eyesight.

No comments: