Monday 22 June 2020

Sunday 21st June 2020

So, from now on the days get shorter, a little bit a day at first.

But this 21st June dawned dull and grey, and soon the forecasted rain swept in, sending sheets of heavy drizzle falling like lace curtains across the Dip.

We would be doing no photography this day. And I really couldn't be bothered to either watch the repeat of MOTD or have taped it the night before. Seeing game splayed at a walking place was bad enough, but knowing the score would make the minutes last hours.

Or so I told myself.

My arm was still aching. I should have gone on the cross-trainer, but that hurt too. So, one more day off.

Instead, I make bacon butties, because it was a cold morning, and bacon!

We have the radio on, do our hobbies, and count the minutes until it was time to have lunch. Outside, the rain continued to fall, and the garden would look better for it having rained.

One hundred and seventy three Dinner was stir fry chilli prawns, sweet chilli stir fry, and a rice dish of my own design, with turmeric, cardamon seeds, and instead of lemon, I use orange zest and freshly squeezed juice, and the result was so sweet and delicious!

Yummy.

I try to watch football in the afternoon, but it is painfully slow and dull. So I switch it off and have 40 winks instead. I turn the TV back on just in time to see Chelsea score two in two minutes and win the game.

Outside the clouds had cleared and the sun shone, but the win was cold and strong. We don't go out.

Instead we have supper, the rest of the wholemeal bread from Saturday, and a fresh brew. And ice cream.

The evening was the Merseyside derby, but with no fans. No atmosphere. And no passion apparently. It ends a dull 0-0 draw and that is two hours of my life I won't get back.

No comments: