Tuesday 23 June 2020

Monday 22nd June 2020

Back to work.

Back to reality.

But these are not like the dark days of operations, when I once returned from holiday and never did get through the backlog of mails. There would be time to sort things out, and be without stress.

My arm felt better, so I decided to get back into the swing of phys, and when Jools went for her walk/jog in the morning, I went and did my session. It was already hot, but with my mind going over what the day would bring, time slipped by quickly.

And then it was a rush to get ready for work, only Jools is still on furlough, so made breakfast, and a coffee, so I was well fed and relaxed by the time I logged onto work and attend the early morning meeting.

Another Lilly By nine was all caught up and my inbox empty.

Yay.

Through the day I had calls and meetings, all pretty routine stuff to be honest. Jools made lunch, and kept me hydrated with a constant supply of tea and coffee.

One hundred and seventy four At four, Jools' brother calls to say he is on his way round. The curtains we have are not that dark, so at this time of the year it seems very light in the house. So, Jools bought some heavy material, stuff for backing, and in the end a sewing machine to make blinds for most of the windows. She did well with the first one, but the weight of the material and underpowered domestic sewing machine meant that the second did not come out well, and so we had to find someone to make them up.

Self Heal Prunella vulgaris They were done at the weekend, and Mike had drill s and experience tin doing such things as hanging blinds.

So, for a couple of hours he worked, we drank tea and chatted. But by half six the blinds were up and were pretty much all the right sizes. And look good. We just need to decorate at some point, but we have been saying that for a decade.

On with dinner, fishcakes, boiled Jersey Royals and creamed spinach. Which made a fabulous meal, and we ate and drank well.

It had been a fine day, but I had spent too little time outside, and now was too late, but I did pull up more wild carrot, and the lawnmeadow looks a little less wild, but in time would give space for other wild flowers.

I hoped.

Listening to the radio, doing computer stuff and generally not watching Citeh play at Burnley. Because, in the end, its not football. Not without the fans. Without the passion.

No comments: