Friday 19 June 2020

Thursday 18th June 2020

Day four of the week off.

And did water fall from the sky from before it was light.

And Ian did spake whence he had risen, it will do the garden good.

Rain when you're on holiday means a day of rest, otherwise I would be hotfooting it around the county. I woke with my shoulder aching, not feeling any better, if anything, felt worse. But that comes with some professional pummeling.

We get up at a quarter to seven, nearly half the day gone already, and outside a heavy mist filled the Dip.

We had coffee.

We put the bins out.

I did a session on the cross-trainer.

Had a shower.

Had breakfast.

Got dressed.

Now what?

Outside the rain still fell, and someone had to be in all day as we were having a parcel delivered. Correction: I was having a parcel delivered; whisky.

Jools went out to collect the black out blinds, which were ready just in time for the longest day. Just need to get me to fit the bloody things to the windows.

And I stay home listening to podcasts, faffing about and generally wasting time in a non-productive manner.

Jools comes back with her arms full of blinds, so I make lunch and a brew.

Because we're English, of course.

One hundred and seventy Dead on time the parcel is delivered, and inside is a bottle of quite rare whisky; Isle of Jura Tastival 2017, similar to a bottle which a good friend of mine from NZ bought me one time. So, I shall think of those everlong evenings on Skye when I sip a wee dram, Tony.

Straight after, we go out to visit Gary and Julie, friends who we have not seen since before March, as Gary has to shield, but now two households can mix, with distancing.

Dover Castle We sit in the garden, drinking Tizer and munching on Wotsits, talking about life and the world. We agree, we can't change anything.

I had forgotten my allergy meds, so with me sniffing and coughing, we leave just before four, drive back home and whilst Jools works in the garen, I rustle up dinner: shoarma chicken, fried potatoes and chilli stir fry.

All yummy.

And then football.

League 2 play offs. All eagerness and desperation, with an added helping of not quite having the skill to execute what was planned.

Another day done.

2 comments:

nztony said...

Thank you for your kind words, it was a great week on Skye, but please, think of Julie too, as we went 50/50 to buy this from Isle of Skye Emporium & Whisky Shop. Even though I am not a whisky drinker I could tell it was a good wee shop and enjoyable even for me to browse.

jelltex said...

Those were great days and a fabulous holiday, Tony