Wednesday 24 June 2020

Tuesday 23rd June 2020

I was woken up sometime after midnight with Scully using her "I have caught something" meows.

I let her have whatever she had caught. She then ate the poor creature, its poor bones snapping in the darkness.

Scully then jumped on my legs, walked up my back and meowed.

No food, Scully.

Scully goes back out, and two minutes later is back.

Meow.

She had another small meal for me.

I ignore her. I go to sleep hearing her chase the creature down the hall.

At least she's happy....

Ten minutes later, there's another meow.

I ignore her some more, and again I hear the mouse give its last squeak and then the crunching of it's bones.

I heard nothing until the morning. So after first coffee, I go to check on the carnage, and indeed there are the bones and remains of two mice, and in the middle a whole mouse. I assume it to be dead.

I go to scoop it up, and it moves. I hold it by the tail and begin to carry it downstairs. The formally stunned mouse, was now wide awake. And pissed off.

It managed to lift its body and looking at my finger, bit me hard!

FUCK!

And again.

I drop the mouse on the stairs, it is stunned again, and quite lucky to be alive. Jools scoops it up in a towel, while my finger pumps out the red stuff.

What a start to the day.

I had slept poorly, my shoulder ached more than ever and I could not face the cross trainer. I'll do a session in the evening I lied to myself.

That called for more coffee. Breakfast.

And soon enough it was time for work, where I can show my finger with the sticking plaster to my cat owning colleagues who have all had the same shit. Though the non-catty people are shocked.

One hundred and seventy five And so to work, where I have another document to review, while Jools does stuff. She goes shopping, does gardening. I stare at my computer screen. As usual.

We have lunch, which was breaded chicken, creamed spinach and couscous, as Jools had a yoga class in the evening.

There was no wine or beer to go with it, just as well as I would have slept the whole afternoon through.

Munchkin I did feel crappy enough not to do any phys in the afternoon either.

But once Jools starts her class, I do some gardening. Pull some more wild carrot out of the lawnmeadow, then water the pot plants and containers round the garden.

I st in the garden, finish reading "Rail" magazine, as the shadows lengthen and the birds begin to sing for their supper.

Outs is rolls. Pate rolls and a huge brew. We know how to live.

We are done by eight, and another day gone, with football to watch on the tellybox until bedtime.

No comments: