Thursday 4 June 2020

Wednesday 3rd June 2020

Day of rest.

And a day in change in the weather. The hot weather of the last few weeks was slipping and fading away, and at first the sky was partially covered with high, whispy clouds. But cloud would build through the day, and on Thursday rain, your actual water from the sky was forecast. There's no doubt the garden needs it as we have to water most nights, and so the water butts are getting low, so low we had to top some up with tap water.

So, lets hope for rain.

But for now, I have a lazy morning, another Word in Your Attic to watch whilst eating breakfast. Which is a very nice way to start the day.

I sip my second coffee whilst setting up the work computer to be ready at half seven, and all smiles once we all join the meeting. The Danes are in good spirits; hairdressers are open, pubs are open, though travel beyond the country is very limited. I tell them what it is like here, and I'm sure they think I am making shit up, but I'm not, if anything underplaying it, and just giving the headline mortality figures.

One hundred and fifty five Anyway, they're all busy with audits and stuff, so we finish, and I think I will have a typical morning. Until I get a call and it turns out that the sky is falling.

Three hours of meetings later, we're no further forward.

But news comes through during the day, first clarifying things, then doing the opposite.

So it goes, so it goes.

I have an early lunch, which is par for the course now. Cheese toasties and a huge brew did the trick, and it was eyes down for another meeting. How did a quiet day turn out to be so hectic?

White rose The day was highlighted by king of the jungle, aka Mulder, who in the pace of half an hour managed to bring in (dead), a sparrow, a mouse and a baby rat! I was in a meeting and had to keep breaking off so I could grab what was in his jaws so it it was alive, I could grab it before it flew/ran off.

And that was the working day, so from four I prepare lunch to the tunes of the newly returned Steve Lamaqc show on Radio 6. Things are a little bit closer to normal, without being actual back to normal, if you know what I mean.

Dinner was chorizo hash, which we had not had for a few weeks, so why not?

I have a bottle of tripel, good as I received another delivery of 16 bottles during the day, so now have nearly two full crates again.

Hash was wonderful I added chilli flakes and hot Spanish paprika, so the beer/cider was needed. I know the blogs have settled into a formula, such is the way during this strange days. But the weekend is coming up, and we should off out doing stuff, maybe butterfly and dragonfly centred malarkey. Who knows? Not me.

No comments: