Wednesday 3 June 2020

Tuesday 2nd June 2020

Tuesday.

I wish I could say I had something exciting to tell you about what happened yesterday. But it was a long and dull day.

And with meetings, and a strong breeze blowing, I did not go out for a walk either.

I managed to sleep through the alarm and only woke when I smelt coffee brewing.

I had lost half an hour in oversleeping, meaning I went on the cross trainer with a woolly head, but once again, did my session, though it was mighty warm even at half six in the morning.

Jools leaves for work, I make breakfast; strawberries, blueberries, Grape Nuts and yogurt. A winning combination. And another coffee.

And then onto work, switching to the next seat at the table, I work with both laptops open and get on with work.

Good news is that I have enquired about a period of unpaid leave next year, and my boss has, in principle, agreed, and supplied me with the information needed to apply. So, lets hope the virus is all done by the end of next year and there is a working airline for us to use, and we will be travelling.

Nature's fireworks More as we get it.

And so to more mundane things: more work.

I have long rambling meetings with people, discussing how to fix things, sometimes its just good to vent.

There is leftover sausage pie for lunch, which I warm in the oven and cover with sweet chilli sauce, as everything tastes better with sweet chilli sauce. Except a cup of tea.

I hope that there will be something interesting buzzing around the garden, but it seems ours is a butterfly-free-zone. I sit down the bottom of the garden with both cats keeping me for company. The birds are happy as I have the cat's attention, so they can feed on the lawnmeadow.

One hundred and fifty four Jools has yoga when she gets home, which means a late dinner. When she does come home, we have coffee before she goes to get ready, and I water the pot plants outside, fill up the ponds and do general useful stuff.

Dinner is aubergine in panko, which takes about an hour to prepare and cook, so I time it to be ready just as Jools finishes, we sit down to eat with Marc Riley on the radio and a box of red wine beside me.

I had done a second session on the cross trainer, so was hot and tired. But once again, I got it done. So I have a shower and am ready for the rock and roll evening and a late night with bed time at ten past nine.

No comments: