Saturday 12 August 2023

Friday 11th August 2023

Facebook reminded me it would have been Rob's birthday, just two weeks before mine. We were both born the same year, so maybe that's why I felt it so much on th day of his funeral. I guess so.

Another thng I realised on Friday was that after speding two hours planning my travels around east Kent in September, visiting and revisiting over a dozen churches, only for the penny to drop that I would be in Denmark that weekend.

Sigh.

It will be good in Denmark but I would rather be home.

So it goes, so it goes.

I had put out the moth trap on Thursday evening, and was rewarded with six Jersey Tigers in and around the trap, along with several others, some too small really to be snapped, and if I did I would want to ID them.

Euplagia quadripunctaria So I snapped the Tigers and a couple of others, then encouraged the others to fly away so I could pack it all away before doing the bins, making a second coffee and beginning to work.

Pentatoma rufipes Each day has been the same all week, with lots of waiting for others to carry out tasks they agreed at the start of the week to do.

On a good note, I received a box of Belgian beers, as payment in kind for a talk I did at the start of the year. I have only been paid twice for photography related stuff, and both payments have been in beer.

Two hundred and twenty three So it goes.

And that is for the week. I pack up at two after sending five e mail grenades, that will explode Monday morning.

Oh well.

I was reading on the patio when Jools came back, so we had a brew and sat some more in the sunshine.

It man the weekend.

So at five we went to Jen's for supper and cards, as there is no music quiz again this week, so gives us more chance to play. We have pasta and wine, always good, and then Jools and I win, so all good.

We came home for half eight, time to watch the final five minutes of the first Prem games, and the lad Haarland had already scored twice.

No comments: