Sunday 13 August 2023

Saturday 12th August 2023

We wait all week for the weekend to come round, and then.

Well, the original plan had been for me to go with Jools and Jen to Brighton as they were going to see a show. But a quick look of the surrounding area revealed little of interest, so I stayed home. And they went for the smell of greaspaint and limelight.

After a quick trip to Tesco, Jools and i had fruit for breakfast, and she left.

Rob came to trim our hedges. He told me I had done the easy ones, so he go cracking with the others. In fact he had arrived when we were still at Tesco, so his power strimmer was making lots of noise before half eight, but its one of the few times we make noise in the garden.

Once had had finished at eleven and I had paid him, I went for a walk, now that the ground was less muddy I could tramp along the tracks and lanes in the neighbourhood.

The wind had got up, meaning very few butterflies about, and any kind of macro, especially on on top of the down, was difficult, but it was good getting steps in.

Two hundred and twenty four I walked up Station Road to the top lane, then along to Windy Ridge then back home.

Not far, but far enough. Some of the harvest is in, but wheat seems to be delayed, meaning some fields are stubble of have been ploughed, and others are waiting for the ground to dry.

I got home at one, there was football to watch, but I listened to a podcast instead, had a beer and finished the dips with some breadsticks I bought for that very purpose in Tesco.

Then at three, games kicked off, with Norwich being involved in the game of the day at Southampton, with the final score being 4-4, but a game we should have won, really.

Time for a brew then settle down for Newcastle v Villa, should have been a close game, but the Toon ran out 5-1 winners, and it could have been double that.

I got a call from Jools: they were stuck in traffic on the M26, so I looked at the traffic radar, no way round it, but only about a mile of queues.

They did get through, and once Jools had dropped Jen off, she called in at the chippy for battered sausage and chips for supper, which was very good indeed.

Not a bad day in the end.

No comments: