Saturday 19 August 2023

Friday 18th August 2023

Thank crunchie it's Friday!

Indeed.

I have been down all week, not in the mood for much, apart from the yomp up the downs on Tuesday when there was an orchid to snap.

So, glad when the end of the week comes round so I can get through the day and do something, anything else.

Once Jools had left for yoga, I put out the six bags of hedge clippings and thatch, the two other bins, make a second coffee and then get ready for work.

There is yet another townhall meeting, and with little new to report, and later the department meeting where I made my presentation, and it went OK, but not that well.

I was left, feeling frustrated.

Just as well come two it was time to end the working day, make a brew once Jools came home and cut a slice of the lemon tart.

Dover by the sea Tart!

Did I want to come down to the prom while Jools went swimming?

Normally I'd say no, but this time I did.

Jools went swimming in the harbour, and don't worry no sewage at this part of Kentish sea water, and I tried to make the parking app work, by which point I lost interest in much walking, but sat people watching while I listened to a podcast.

Dover by the sea It is a stunning view, and one I never get tired of, the castle high on the cliffs overlooking the town. The lock and key of England.

Two hundred and thirty Back home for another brew, Jools had a shower, and then wait for the music quiz, but the invite to the Zoom meeting never arrived, so we went to Jen's early, but instead of eating right away, we had a chat first, Jen dished up meat and potato pie with mushy peas.

Just enough time for a game of Meld, and which yours truly came out triumphant and scooped the 40p jackpot.

No comments: