Thursday 31 August 2023

Wednesday 30th August 2023

I have written a blog a day, at least, every day since the London Olympics in 20i2, and for the last six years I have taken at least a shot a day so I can illustrate these blogs.

But.

With work and stuff taking more of my time, I am struggling to find shots each day to take and when I come to write these posts in the evening, for a working day I struggle to say much that is new, so, maybe I will only post when there is something to post about in the new year.

I don't know.

I think that next year I will complete my task of seeing, if not all UK orchid species it will be most, and so try not to be so obsessed with them perhaps. This year, for pretty much the first time, I have not felt the need to photograph or see every Kent species in flower, and there is a chance too I see the end of the Kent churches project.

Two hundred and forty two What then, will I fill my free time with?

Reading perhaps.

We have a house full of books, even after giving hundreds of them away. There is travel, walking, maybe volunteering to work at a charity or something.

I just don't know.

Sometimes I don't know if anyone would miss these posts were they to stop, or would anyone on Flickr notice if the church pictures stopped being posted?

Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe its because I am now into the last two years of my working life. I could work longer, maybe should, but I really get so little pleasure from it, I feel each day spent working shortens my life outside.

We shall see, we shall see.

And so to Wednesday, which was pretty much like every day over the summer, sunshine, showers, work meowing cats, podcasts, brews and whatever it is I fill my days with.

Outside the air is filled with the noise of hedge strimmers, lawnmowers and other npisy garden equipment, it makes sitting in the garden a less than ideal experience. But even then, sunshine is good on the skin. But the sun rises lower in the sky each day, emerging each morning further south than the day pervious, and Friday September begins.

I prepare and cook herb-encrusted pork steaks, air fried potatoes (still not as good as I'd like) and fresh corn for dinner. And once that was done we waited for the full moon to rise, but clouds over France meant it was nearly nine before we saw it, still pink and hanging againt the totally black sky.

Sturgeon Moon I took pictures.

1 comment:

nztony said...

What would I do when I get bored at 3am on Night Shifts if you stop your blog updates! ;-)