Tuesday 15 August 2023

Monday 14th August 2023

Monday.

Back to work.

Slept through alarm. Woke at just before six.

Panic.

But really nothing to worry about.

Jools was up and about, doing stuff. I was barely capable of speech.

Then off she went for a shower, get dressed and head for work, while all I have to do is make a fresh cup of coffee, change seats and set up the work laptop.

Here we go again.

Jools left for work, leaving me gabbling away in a meeting already, talking as if I know shit. Maybe, sometimes I do.

Stanger things have happened.

And so the day progresses, with the quiet disturbed by a combine starting up and beginning to raze the large field the other side of the valley. I get a camera out and the big lens to snap it, but got me thinking, maybe I should do the lawnmeadow?

Two hundred and twenty six So it was once work was done, that I put the mower back together, fired it up and took a high cut off the whole meadow, apart from the Musk Mallow whch look and smell so sweet, I just had to leave them.

All the while the combine was going, and a convoy of tractors and trailers going back and forth collecting the grain and taking it to storage. They were still going at ten to ten, with it being dark, but the harvest waits for nothing, though at ten they do stop for a few hours sleep before they will begin again in the morning.

I sit and look at the meadow, now looking more lawnlike now that the summer growth has been shorn, the cats are confused as they used to make nets in the long grass, in the shade and out of sight.

I sit in the shade and think aout having a beer, insted read a magazine and so I am all caught up with the periodicals.

For now.

I prepare dinner, feed the cats and listen to a podcast as I am creative in the kitchen.

Wine?

Why not?

Cheers.

There isfootball in the evening, Man Utd v Wolves, and not the walkover it should have been, though that ddn't stop me from falling asleep 20 minutes from time with Utd 1-0 up.

I went to bed before the final whistle, missing the fuss over the penalty not given to Wolves.

No comments: