Wednesday 9 August 2023

Tuesday 8th August 2023

It was the 3rd anniversary since we got Poppy and Cleo from the RSPCA in Ashford.

Thanks to writing aout them, espeically in the first few months, I remembered the issues we had with them and Mulder and Scully: the pissing wars, and Cleo pooing under our bed or the table.

And then it just stopped.

And it setted down, for the most part. Its still not perfect, but all seem happier with thengs and there is much lessing hissing and spitting.

So, a time for reflection, really. And for work.

Jools went swimming before six, and I made a second coffee, went to sit outside but was turned back as it was so chilly. There would be some sunshine n the morning, but later it would cloud over and start to rain.

I wouldn't be doing any walking or any more hedge-trimming it seemed.

Not much going on at work, just trying to get ople to pay attention, until a meeting at two when I would try to explain something simple and easy was very serious and dangerous instead.

I think I got there.

The rest of the day was quiet, really, and then, when the drizzle had set in, I made some dough for focaccia for dinner later. Now, I know Jamie is a twat, but his recipes are simple and easy to follow, so I made the focaccia dough, laid it out to rise a second time, added tomatoes, peppers and olives, then allowed to rise another hour before baking for half an hour or so.

Two hundred and twenty It came out magnificent.

So, by the time Jools returned from work, wine and cider was poured, we could eat the bread, or half of it with our Caprese for dinner.

And drink deep, red, sweet wine

Cheers.

There was football on in the evening, just League Cup, so I turned into bed at half eight, with it already getting dark outside....

No comments: