Friday 18 August 2023

Thursday 17th August 2023

Another day, another several dollars.

Or pounds.

I managed to sleep through the alarm again, waking once again as Jools was getting ready to go swimming. I am barely capable of speech at that hour, let alone swim.

The expected sunny day was more cloudy than forecast, cool enough to push the back door to on occasion, but when the sun did break through, it got warm once again.

Other than that, there was work. Always work.

Nothing of much import though, he said.

I had to prepare a presentation for Friday, and give a dry run to my manager before the end of the day, so I was busy.

Cats slept through, as they do most days, so I was left alone. Except when Cleo brought in a Goldfinch, I got up and she dropped it, only for her to grab it and run outside, though I did see the bird fly off unharmed, but shaken.

After work, I collect the dried thatch from the lawnmeadow, bagging it with the hedge clippings, so we had used all six bags, which were to be put out for collection on Friday. Scully lay in the sun and watched. She had just been fed, so was happy enugh, but would soon want attention, and come demanding it.

Two hundred and twenty ninr I sit on the patio, Scully comes and joins me, lays down and after licking my hand and arm, lays down and purrs before going to sleep. If only everything else in life was as easy to keep happy as it is with a cat.

Dinner is chorizo hash, you won't be surprised to hear, which I washed down with a bottle of Chimay brown which was a very nice combination indeed.

No comments: