Thursday 17 August 2023

Wednesday 16th August 2023

Life is in something of a rut.

I work, I write, I cook dinner and watch football in the evenings. Or somethings similar.

The days drag, but the weeks and months fly, and in 105 weeks I can climb off this thing called work and do something else. In theory, I, and Jools, could do that now, though would require sacrifices of course.

So, for the time being, we work on and on, though for our benefit, and not for "the man's", which means our time is ours. It brings a sense of freedom, sometimes, but then the mundane and endless repeating of the issues, discussions and meetings makes you wonder what the point is. Would anyone notice if I didn't log on?

I know sometimes they don't, as I have played hooky and no one noticed, or asked questions.

Each morning I log on, fill iin my time sheet for the day before, check mails and the calendar, and then, do stuff. Sometimes at pace, mostly with thought. I stop to make breakfast, teas, feed the cats or sit and cuddle Scully if its warm outside, or like yesterday watch the last of the field be harvested and the straw baled ready for collection.

Being a calm day, weatherwise, there are several helicopters on patrol along the coast as more boats try to get across the Channel, it can be likeliving in a war zone, which is strange as most of those on the boats escaped from an actual war, rather than a manufactured cuture war like we have here.

When there's no copters, there is the drone of electrical and petrol driven garden equipments, as hedges are cut and lawns mowed, and two doors down, the elderly couple have their grandkids round splasjhing in a pool and laughing, then their mother screams at them, making even more noise.

Through the day I make another Crostata Al Limone, though as it turned out we did not eat any that evening due to the carbonara and garlic bread I made. But it won't go to waste.

With the meadow cut, it looks like a garden again, with the formal beds standing out once again, and the late summer plants starting to put forth shoots down by the shelter at the bottom of the garden.

Two hundred and twenty eight I take the camera out to take some shots, as I don't go for a walk, but the light is fantastic, even if I do run the risk of a smililar shot of the day done previously.

After dinner there is time for coffee and then follow the football as Norwich take on the might of QPR in the League Cup and Citeh try to win yet another trophy. I give up at nine and go to bed, so miss Norwich scoring a winner in the 99th minute and Citeh winning on penalties well after ten.

No comments: