Friday 4 August 2023

Thursday 3rd August 2023

Still only Thursday.

Maybe weeks have three Mondays now?

Even Jools didn't feel like doing her early morning swim, so we laid in bed an extra half an hour.

Then we swung into action.

Jools went to work at seven, I swapped seats and logged on. Its still slow, but everyone else should be back on Monday, there are seven hours of meetings planned!

Outside it was even a fine day, finer day than the rest of the week, but I had to wait in for a delivery. A delivery of wine. So, an important delivery.

No wandering far, then.

As the sun shone, the garden filled with butterflies. I mean there were dozens at any one time, doubly so as the buddlea is now in flower, so there is a queue of flutterbies waiting their turn to feast.

Two hundred and fifteen But to liven up the day, Cleo discovered hunting.

She first caught a sparrow, left outside where it lay laying apparently dead. I went to pick it up, and the bird took its chance to fly away to chirp another day. Then there was a wren, brought in and then chased around the house, it did not survive, sadly. And then the mouse was carried in, which hid under the loudspeaker, with Cleo trying to get under it.

That miht have been the half mouse I found under my chair this morning, either she or another kitty had caught it.

The wine came at four, just too late to go for a walk, but then with the amount of rain we have had, would have made walking on the tracks and lanes round here very muddy indeed. So, I prepared the chorizo hash and listened to a football podcast.

Hash was good, then it always is, washed down with wine.

I put out the moth trap just before bed, dreaming of the delights I would find in it this morning. Hoping for hawkmoths......

No comments: