Saturday 5 August 2023

Friday 4th August 2023

Friday at last.

And up with the larks as there are chores to do; put out the bins and check out the moth trap.

After last week's bumper haul of 5 Elephant hawkmoths, I was hoping for something similar or maybe even other hawkmoth species.

I waited until the sun was up, then out to turn off the lamp and check the trap, where the star was a large female Oak Eggar, among several SBJs, I made sure they all flew away, or were in the sunlight for a bit later, so they would fly off before the rain came in the afternoon.

Two hundred and sixteen Mulder and Scully kept me company in the garden, checking on what I was doing, making sure there was no extra food about for them.

Mulder sez That done and the trap, lamp, lead and eggboxes put away, I did the bins, but in new liners in the ones emptied in the house, made a second coffee, were it was just half six.

So, I was ready for work, where I attended meetings, answered mails and finished the tasks I had been handbagging all week.

All ready to finish at two, having had an OK week all in all.

Jools came back at three, so we had coffee, before going to Jen's early for a bumper cards evening as there is no music quiz this week or next.

The rain arrived as expected, and it fell from the sky in the way you imagine it would to welcome the four horsemen. But they didn't come, just John in his Piccanto.

Incoming storm We got a full game of Meld in before supper of spag bol and garlic bread, and then Jools and I cleared up playing Queenie, scooping the pot once each. And having started early, we were home by half eight, so had I wanted, I could have watched the first game of the season, but bailed at half time. There will be plenty of time for football, this and every weekend.

No comments: