Sunday 27 August 2023

Saturday 26th August 2023

The day after.

And what with travel and parties, I was pooped.

Jools was pooped.

So we did little.

Being the weekend, it did mean some hunter-gathering action at Tesco. We didn't need much, or so we thought, so I went on my own and yet it still came to £96! I think a lot is fresh fruit and vegetables, but even still, this is mad.

I came home before the port traffic back all the way up Jubilee Way. It is a Bank Holiday weekend, so people would obviously choose to spend several hours of it queuing to get onto ferries on either side of the Channel.

Two hundred and thirty eight We were going nowhere. I still have a third of the shots from All Saints in Maidstone last week to edit and post, and then nearly 400 fromSt Albans on Friday which I haven't started. I might have gone out, but it looks like I'm not now going to Denmark over Heritage Weekend, so I will take hundreds that day too.

We shall see.

After breakfast I make a big pan of cilantro chicken, the recipe I saw on a scientific video on garlic. THe pan was for us to have for lunch next week, so while Jools went to the pool for a swim, I got creative in the kitchen, only change was swapping natural yogurt for the leftover mascarpone cheese, which, as you can imagine only improved the creamy texture and flavour.

cilantro chicken I could have eaten it there and then.

But didn't.

Instead I sat in the garden with Scully, as the weather was so glorious, endless sunshine and light breezes. She likes to lay beside us, even on hot days, but after a while she takes shelter on the shelf between the two seats, but carried on purring.

The afternoon is spent trying to stay awake again, and listening to the football on the wireless. Norwich kicked off at three again, and raced into a two goal lead at Huddersfield, and running out 4-0 winners on the road and eased into second place in the table just behind Forest, as Ipswich lost their first game home to Leeds.

Just the 42 more games left before the end of the season.

We have fritters for dinner, no home made garlic mayo this time, though, from a jar was fine enough, and there was still more footy on the tellybox.

No comments: