Wednesday 30 August 2023

Tuesday 29th August 2023

Back to work, sadly. How the four day weekend slipped by so quickly.

I had set the moth trap Monday night, so once light I went to check and found two Jersey Tigers and this pale Gypsy Moth.

Two hundred and forty one First one I have knowingly seen.

And then to work, where I had been dreading meetings in the upcoming audits with loud e mails and so on, but there was nothing.

In fact, when I did catch up with the boss, I was told those who count in these matters agreed with my assessment, a new person was taking over the department and they were 100% onside.

Wow.

The other main task was to cancel my travel for next week, via the company portal.

The computer said "no".

But I'm not going.

Anyway.

I spoke with my colleague who was back from Mexico where it was darn chilly, so he said. At least in Mexico City, his second base was a very pleasant 31 degrees, sadly he was there to work, but it was good to catch up with him.

During the afternoon I made some focaccia bread to go with Caprese. Outside, it got so dark I had to have the light on to see to work.

Cats were fed, dinner prepared and wine poured. All ready for when Jools came home.

In the evening there was football, but I was tired, so I went to bed at half time with City drawing in Bristol 0-0, City did score and so win in the 2nd half. But I was sound asleep.

No comments: