Wednesday 23 August 2023

Tuesday 22nd August 2023

Another day in paradise.

After laying in bed a while, I get up, and after getting dressed go to check the moth trap, which had many, many moths. Although the Eyed Hawkmoth and Death's Head Hawk Moths I had been hoping for had not been caught.

Two hundred and thirty four Maybe another day.

Then back home to say goodbye to Jools as she left for work, and me to make a second coffee and get ready for work.

Xanthorhoe fluctuata Then I dive into work after setting up the office, and I saw that the goats were out and running once again.

I wish I could say more, but work is work, and much is sensitive. And embarassing.

So, other than stopping for breakfast, brews and lunch, I work though, trying to make sense. Lunch was crumpets, which are as close as you'll get to those American style "English" Muffins. Nothing bets crumpets with lashings of melted butter on them.

Once work is done, I get rake out and gather the thatch and other stuff from the lawnmeadow. Took less than an hour, and the lawn looked bretty good after it, if a little dry. Rain forecast for Friday which will bring life and colour back.

So no walk for me again, and through my work in the garden, Mulder and Scully supervise, just to make sure I picked up all the grass.

Dinner was easy, more Caprese and warmed focaccia bread, which went down a right trat, as did the second half of the batch of faux balsamic aged vinegar I made on Monday.

It was a perfect lat summer's evening with light winds, birds singing and us eating another slice of Victoria sponge that Jools made at the weekend.

Yummy.

No football to watch, but there's always a podcast to listen to or a magazine to read, anything to avoid thinking about real life.....

No comments: