Thursday 3 August 2023

Wednesday 2nd August 2023

The rain it did pour, and it did pour on Chez Jelltex.

All day pretty much.

And coupled with that, yet more unseasonably very windy weather bringing driving rain, which isn't good for driving in, and the possibility of delays on the ferries, which would make Jools's journey home from the factory difficult.

Two hundred and forteen In the end, she left at two to beat the weather and traffic, neither of which was as bad as feared or forecasted.

Meanwhile, back at home, I catsat and tried to work, with yet more unexpected issues to deal with, and feed the cats when they felt hungry.

Jools asked me to make something for her packs on Thursday and Friday, so thinking we had sausages, I got them out of the freezer and some puff pastry, only to discover the sausages were koftes and not bangers.

Pyronia tithonus Not to worry, I would make Turkish rolls instead, which I had to say, were a triumph too, and I had two, then one more for lunch just to make sure they were of the highest quality, then for supper Jools said we should try another one each.

Fusion cooking For dinner, I defrosted a pot of jambalaya, which was nice, but not substantial, which is where the rolls came in.

In the evening, the wind died and the sun came out, another day done.

No comments: