Sunday 23 September 2018

Friday 21st September 2018

Friday.

With each passing day, the pressure at work builds just a little more. Not because of anything, other than the passing of the days, with more and more work to be done, and done by suppliers all over Europe.

On other projects it would be me who would do the grand tour of Europe visiting these suppliers and at the same time taking lots of fine shots of the places I would visit from Spain to Finland, from the Isle of Wight to Croatia. I still will be going to the IoW, but the rest I have to skip as the work in coordinating everything ramps up and up, and I dread taking a day off, let alone two and a half weeks, which is what will happen in October.

But we all need breaks, even me, so one hopes that all will be well on my return, but I am already planning my first working day back, so worried I am.

Two hundred and sixty three In a perfect world, I would have taken time to unpack my new computer things for the home office, but there was just too much work, and I tell myself that this will be the last day working at just a laptop. So I take shot of the way I work at the end of the day to show you and remind myself to get unpacking on Monday.

There are meetings and the usual end of week chores, and the grind that is travel expense reports, which are never as bad as you think, but you save them up. Saying that, travel on week a month instead of three means the backlog isn't that bad, but the system churns out automatic reminders to get them done.

I have to get the scanner out and copy the receipts, send them via mail from my home laptop to the work one, then create a report, add the receipts and send to finance.

That done I could get down to the actual work of the day, sending mails out, meetings and general coordinating and managing.

I work through the morning, into the afternoon, so much so I am still at it when Jools come back home from work, and says she would go to Tesco then, to save the task on Saturday, sensible as we were off to London anyway. I hoped to be finished once once she was back.

And that was the case, she came back laden with groceries, and included ice creams. So, we sat outside looking over the autumn garden at what we had created. And were happy.

I cook chorizo hash, because, you know, we likes it. And after tidying up, we listen to the radio, I write ready for when Monty is on TV. I stay awake though it, just about, but Jools misses most of it, so once he is finished, we go to bed, ready for a big day the next day.

No comments: