Sunday 2 September 2018

Sunday 2nd September 2018

How soon the time ends when I am home day after day after day, and soon I am checking in for flights to Denmark and knowing that time is slipping through my fingers.

Although it is Sunday, with little of importance to do, there is the small matter of the Old Farm Derby to follow, then two premier league games, the lawn to scarify and mow, lunch and dinner to cook, pack and the other things. And before you know, there seems very little time left.

Autumn Lady's Tresses Spiranthes spiralis As it happens, the shots taken on Saturday of the Autumn lady's Tresses were taken with the camera at the wrong setting, so I needed to go and retake the shots.

Autumn Lady's Tresses Spiranthes spiralis All of the above wasn't helped by me laying in bed until nearly half seven, meaning by the time we were up and had a coffee, it was time to go out.

Autumn Lady's Tresses Spiranthes spiralis And again, the camera managed to switch its settings so the first set of shots taken were not good enough, but I realise before I left, so did them again and so finally, at the third attempt, I had shots of the tiny, twisty spikes.

We drive back home for breakfast and for me to watch the footy.

Autumn Lady's Tresses Spiranthes spiralis Soon enough it is already half nine, and the lawn is yet to be done, and i have to check in for the flight on Monday. It's all go.

The view from Leatherneck Point That done, I get the scarifier out and begin to do the lawn, getting several pounds of dead and living grass off. Areas where the ground is damp pull more grass off, so it is clear that it will have to be done again before the sowing of yellow rattle and other seeds, so I do the whole lawn/meadow, then get the mower out and give it all a good trim.

And all done by quarter past eleven. Meaning I could investigate how to watch the big match.

Two hundred and fourty four Turns out, a tenner will get me a video feed through the club and a commentary from Radio Norfolk, meaning that I am sat waiting for the pictures to go live at quarter to twelve, as due to the police its always an early kick off.

All was set, and me with a beer at hand for kick off, and then, well, all a disappointment, as neither team were really much kop. City were just about the better team in the 1st half, but not by much.

We have insalata and garlic bread at lunchtime, so I can watch the second half as we eat.

And Ipswich were on top for twenty minutes, then score through a deflected goal to take the lead.

The scarified Jelltex garden City then came back and had four good chances, before scoring with the last, and although both teams came close, the score remained 1-1, and was just about the right result if I'm honest.

The scarified Jelltex garden No league football next week, but England are playing, so expect different football talk.

The scarified Jelltex garden Jools goes to see Jen to sort out her computer and TV issues, and I stay to listen to the football, Arsenal just about win at Cardiff, then Spurs lose to Watford.

The scarified Jelltex garden By which time the afternoon was fading, and time for me to cook steak and ale pie for dinner.

The scarified Jelltex garden And that was it; Eat. Was up. Shower. Shave. Pack.

Outside a lone Tawny Owl hoots mournfully as Mars rises getting brighter as night darkens.

Will soon be autumn and wind will blow, and these salad days will seem so distant. I took shots of the garden to show what we have managed this year.

No comments: