Friday 21 September 2018

Thursday 20th September 2018

Thursday.

The day before Friday.

Last (official) day of summer.

And after the great memories and evening meal out of Wednesday, it was back to normal, with the usual stuff, up before dawn, make coffee, feed the cats and check the news online.

Jools left at half six or so, leaving me to have breakfast, take the bins out, and chase Mulder round the house after he announced in a very loud meow that he had caught something, and apparently I should be very happy. He ran through my legs, up the stairs an under our bed where he looked just as happy. I was just able to grab the mouse and dispose of its tiny corpse out of the bedroom window, it reaching terminal velocity before it landed beside the bird feeder in the front garden.

Back to work.

Meetings, a webinar, and then on with the actual work.

Not much to really report, other than the box arrived with my new office set up; two monitors, a keyboard and base station. Just have to work out where to put them, and where to store them when they're not in use.

The day drags on and on as I get work done, to be at least not drowning by 5 in the evening.

I have no idea what the weather was like, other than at one point it was sunny, and I snapped a Painted Lady sunning itself on the patio just outside the back door. I took its picture.

Two hundred and sixty two And the day ends, I pack up the computer, watch some crappy TV, American Pickers again before I cook breaded chicken and taste sensation couscous.

And wine.

Lots of wine.

I try to listen to the football in the evening, but the Arse game could not be found, I start watching some documentary on Nelson, but fall asleep in front of the TV, waking up at nine and going to bed.

It was dark, after all.

No comments: