Saturday 1 September 2018

Friday 31st August 2018

Last day of August.

Last day of summer (apparently)

Four months to New Year's Eve (true).

Walk to the Doctors and back And here we are, arriving at Friday, with just a few hours work before a long, warm and sunny weekend.

But I have more work to do than I have hours in the day, so some will have to wait until Monday. Or that's what I will say.

Walk to the Doctors and back After coffee and breakfast, Jools leaves for work, and I am alone with my thoughts and the cats. So, not alone. Although they both go to bed now they have been fed.

Walk to the Doctors and back I switch on the work laptop and get my thinking head on, as this was serious stuff.

Walk to the Doctors and back Meanwhile outside, the sun shone warmly, but I carried on working hard.

Two hundred and forty two I have fried egg on fried bread for lunch, which cannot be said to be healthy, but hit the spot at ten in the morning.

Hours pass and I do the really urgent tasks I need to do, sending off the last of the mails, and updating spreadsheets at three in the afternoon. But I had to finis, as I needed to get to the doctors to pick up some pills, and to be honest, I have been sitting way too long this week, so a long walk would do my legs and average number of steps a day the world of good.

Walk to the Doctors and back As usual, I set off along our street, down to where it changes into a country track, then across the fields to Fleet House before turning down Norway Drove and The Dip.

It was warm now, maybe even hot, and my back was grumbling, loudly. SO I made sure I saw many butterflies on the way up; Common Blues, Brown Argus and a couple fo Holly Blues too, as well and dozens of Large Whites. I snap some of the blues, but the whites hardly ever settle.

Walk to the Doctors and back I reach Kingsdown Road, nad take a rest on a bank, stretch my back out, and when I get up, no pain!

Walk to the Doctors and back So I stride off into the village, calling in the library to drop off Jools' books, then through the back alleys and paths of the village to the surgery, where although the heating wasn't on, they had all windows and doors shut, and so was like a greenhouse.

I get the pills and leave as quick as possible, back down the slope to the village, calling in the shop for some milk as we were nearly out, and that would never do, not having cow juice for brews! I also have an ice cream, because.

Walk to the Doctors and back I walk down Station Road, and up the hill to the end of our road, arriving back soon after Jools.

I was the start of the weekend.

Fancy an ice cream asks Jools? Should I tell her I have already had one? I say nothing other to say say yes to an ice cream, so I have the second in half an hour.

Yummy.

Jools doesn't fancy going to the chippy. Neither do I, so instead I cook burgers having defrosted some buns, and in 15 minutes we are sitting down listening to the Friday Free For all on Lammo's show.

Once we had cleared up, we watch Monty on the tellybox; autumn is nearly here, and is mostly about harvesting our bounty. Although our beans have gone to seed, but we could dry those and use them next year.

We end the day, sitting out on the patio, sipping four year old Sloe Gin watching shooting stars streak across the sky.

Quite marvelous.

No comments: