Wednesday 26 September 2018

Tuesday 26th September 2018

Work again.

I really should have tried to set up an office in the back room, aka the third bedroom, but couldn't be bothered, so I plugged in the laptop into one of the new screens and worked down on the dining room table again.

Outside it was another wonderful early Autumn day, wall to wall sunshine and not a breath of wind, so that it went from just above freezing at dawn to being downright warm early in the afternoon.

Two hundred and sixty seven Jools slept badly due to the sleep detecting machine, and had to return it to Ashford hospital first thing, so by half six she was gone, and I had the radio on, or the i player, grooving to the previous day's Radcliffe and Maconie show. I know how to rock. And roll.

I have breakfast of fruit. And a second breakfast of toast and marmalade. And despite having 90 minutes to get my shit together before work, I am somehow late in logging on, just as well a meeting had not been planned then.

And away we go, careering down the gentle slope towards the weekend. Yes, thinking of that already!

Lunch is taken at half ten, just as they take it in Denmark, though they are an hour ahead of us her in Brexlandia, but hey.

Once work peters out in the afternoon, I decide to go out for a walk, just over the fields, but a sore back made me cut short even getting to Fleet House, just stopping halfway, watching a kestrel rise from the margin of the field, and fly off screeching to a tree the other side of the field to watch me, before flying off towards Kingsdown.

That was the highlight of the walk. I go back, and apart from the swarms of bees on the ivy, I see no other flying insects, not the butterflies I had hoped to see.

I am back at home, I have a brew and one final check of work e mails, I finish fr the day and listen to some music on the radio.

Dinner is aubergine, garlic bread followed by raspberry and apple crumble smothered in cream. And was wonderful Although I would he having indigestion all night as a result.

City were in action in the League Cup, away to Wycombe, and City took a 2 goal lead, were pegged back to 2-1, and then 3-1 by half time. All seemed set, especially when Rhodes scored his third and City's forth, and all seemed done and dusted. But a dodgy penalty, and a break away goal made it 4-3, and Norwich were hanging on, but do hang on. Elsewhere, Man Utd were home to Derby, Utd take and early lead and that also seemed that. But Derby score two in two minutes, and a shock was on the cards until an equaliser is scored in the 5th minute of injury time. But this season it goes straight to penalties, and Deby go first and scor all five of theirs, as do Utd. Its then sudden death, on the 8th try, Derby score again, but Jones misses for Utd, and the shock happened.

Well. Time for bed.

No comments: