Wednesday 19 September 2018

Tuesday 18th September 2018

Tuesday.

Market day in Kings Lynn.

Working from home, situation normal.

And for the day the wind did blow.

Yes, the first of the autumn storms did sweep through, the first of the three on consecutive days here in Kent, though Ireland and Scotland will get it worse than us, even if it can get blowy up here on the downs.

You know the score by now, up in the dark, drink coffee, feed the cts, try to wake up and be ready for work at eight, or earlier if needed.

The cats make themselves scarce once they have been fed, and I don't see either of them until late afternoon. Which was nice.

Two hundred and sixty Even if it was windy, it was warm, but no chance of having the doors or windows open, as it seemed the wind was going to wrench them off.

So I work away, answering mails and messages, somehow this taking up all of the morning.

I have jam and crisp sandwiches for lunch, as that is what my inner child demanded, thus recreating birthday parties of my youth when sweet and savoury could be mixed up inbetween mouthfuls of fizzy pop. As you do.

I have lots of work to do, or enough to keep me at the coalface through the morning and into the afternoon, and be on call to take phonecalls.

As you do.

Too windy to go out for a walk, so I watch an arts documentary on the i player, as I am cultured and sophisticated, and have a pack of cheese and onion crisps as I watch it. At least I was dressed!

Dinner was bangers and mash, cooked to the soundtrack of the commentary for the first round of group games in the CL, with Spurs doing a Spurs, just after Hoddle says, Spurs can#'t lose now. Two goals in injury time meant they did.

Liverpool did better against PSG, despite throwing a two goal lead away, scoring a last minute winner of their own. Even Jools said it sounded exciting.

No comments: