Thursday 28 May 2020

Big announcements

Well, what with the lockdown and stuff, I thought you might like to hear about some stuff.

First of all, I have appointed a real estate agent to sell Mum's house. It took some time for the paperwork to go back and forth, but one was legally appointed on Tuesday, listed that day, and within 24 hours to firm bids received.

Yesterday a third, larger bid was received.

I spoke to my solicitor this morning, where we discussed things, she suggested seeing if there was more on offer. Two grand was offered.

We took it. I took it.

Now paperwork will be drawn up and the wheels of the conveyancing process will be started, and may take 12 weeks or more, if there are no hold ups or snags.

So, I need to spell out what this will mean for us and our finances.

Eeeek.

We have two new sites starting up in the UK next year, and it will be part of my job to conduct audits to make sure things are on track.

One site is on the Tees coast at Seaton, and the other is north of Inverness in Invergordon. Just north of Invergordon is Tain, where the Glenmorangie distillery is.

Just saying. I will be going to each at least twice, if not more often.

As well as my other duties round the UK.

Now the big stuff.

Holibobs.

Depending on how the unlocking goes, but we are hoping to go on a road trip to France in the autumn. That may not happen, but that is what is keeping us going for now. We would drive to Burgundy, Region Auvergne and Region Aquitaine.

Next May I am going on an orchid tour of Rhodes. Where I will meet the author whose book I in a small way helped to finish, and see up to 50 species of orchids in 7 days. This is booked! Jools will not be joining me, as the logistics and thought of seven days orchiding just too much.

And then, in December 2021, or late November, we plan to fly to the other side of the world to visit New Zealand. Go to Wellington and then tour the south island. Its all too exciting to think too hard about.

But this is all pretty much mindblowing.

News as we get it.

No comments: