Monday 11 May 2020

Sunday 10th May 2020

Welcome to day three of the weekend.

And on the third day the wind did blow and on occasion rain did fall.

So, in the spirit of the age, we did little and self isolated, and so were safe.

But outside it was cold and windy, so we put the radio and the kettle on, and settled down for one of them quiet days.

One hundred and thirty one We each did a session on the cross trainer, but before having a shower, we gave each other a lockdown haircut, and to be honest, we both did a good job. Four week's growth off my heed, and seven off Jools, and out bin was soon overflowing with brown and grey flecked hair. And we don't look like convicts. Which is nice.

We have showers.

It is half nine.

I decide it is probably too early to start cooking lunch.

Its going to be that kind of day. Wait till midday I say.

Jools does gardening, and I prepare the steak, boil the potatoes and defrost the peas.

It was ten o'clock.

I make coffee.

The radio went on at half seven, and didn't get turned off until gone nine in the evening.

It was half ten.

Sigh.

Outside the wind increased, the birds gave up trying to feed off the swinging feeders, I edited shots, and all the while the clock ticked towards midday.

One second past midday, I put the fryer on for the chips, sliced mushrooms and we were all set. There was nothing left to do in the garden, so Jools came in and washed up, then opened the pink fizz. Main course was ribeye steak. Not big, not large, but enough with veg and chips.

And it was darn good.

The main task of the afternoon was to stay awake whilst laying on the sofa. I didn't succeed, but was woken up when Mulder jumped onto my chest and meow in my face to let me know it really should be dinner time. It was three in the afternoon.

We have yet more coffee, play Uckers and the afternoon turns into evening.

I made some wholemeal bread, which we have for our tea with thin sliced ham. Best wholemeal loaf I have ever made, as it was packed with seeds.

Yummy.

And that was it. Two days of orchiding, one day of nothing. All in all, a good bank holiday.

No comments: