Sunday 17 May 2020

Saturday 16th May 2020

As is typical, what with it being the weekend, the weather was shit.

Well, not shit, but just not quite good enough to do any orchiding.

Should I go and get less than satisfactory photos and only have to go out and repeat them all? No, we would try our best to do some more relaxing.

So we will stay home.

And first, I will get back on the cross trainer, as I had a day off, unscheduled, so had to make up for it. And it was highly likely that I would take Sunday off tooo, as I was to have the car from sun up to sun down, and I had orchids in mind.

Of course.

So, up the spare room, on with the radio, and another 20 minutes done, and I feel better about things. Glad that I did it, even if my get up and go had got up and gone. But done now, and after cooling down, instead of going straight for a shower, I fire up the grill for some bacon sarnie action.

Alum Then a shower, got dressed and only the rest of the day to fritter in a pointless and aimless manner.

But there is always cooking.

And on the list was pizza.

We decided to make our own pizza, and so after looking at the recipes in Delia's book, it seemed we needed cornmeal. So, ordered some of that this week. A kilo, so we might be having lots of pizzas. That was due to be delivered some point after ten that morning.

B is for Lupin I thought the pizza needed a tomato sauce, so I rustle up a batch on the cooker.

An hour gone.

I make the dough, then leave it for another hour or so to prove and rise.

I then beat the dough down, make into a pizza base, it seemed a little thin, but hey. As I watched holes appeared.

Bugger.

And the pizza stone we had bought was cooling down all the time, so I make the base again, spread on the sauce, add some Italian cream cheese, soft cheese and hard cheese.

Bumble And meat.

Lots of meat.

I put it in the oven, and in ten minutes or so, was done. But the base was still soft, so I put it in five minutes more. I take it out, manage to get it off the stone and onto the wooden board to cut into slices.

Some were better than others, the best almost stayed as slices, others were poured onto the plates.

But tasted great.

With a beer.

We tidy up. Make a brew and take the brew, along with a peanut butter ice cream to the garden to enjoy. It wasn't really warm enough, but for the time it took to eat the ice cream and drink the coffee, we pretended it was summer.

One hundred and thirty seven Back inside, and Jools asked was was for dinner: well, we have enough meat and stuff for another pizza.

Sold.

So I make more dough, making a little more than last.

It was better, but still needs improvement. But was larger and had more toppings.

We put on the radio, play Uckers, too stuffed to do anything else.

Outside the clouds cleared, bringing the promise of a fine day in the morning. I went upstairs to try to finish Broken Greek, but by half nine my eyes were too heavy and I turn out the light.

No comments: