Saturday 23 May 2020

Friday 22nd May 2020

Today, I instructed my solicitor to put up Mum's house for sale.

Slowly, the wheels turn.

I have papers to sign and return. Prove who I am.

But life goes on.

And, 2nd day of a 5 day weekend.

And, the weather was not bad, poor: windy, dull and not at all photographing orchid kind of weather.

Now, I am writing this 24 hours later, and I am struggling to remember what we did.

We got up.

I am pretty sure the cats got fed.

We made coffee.

I did some phys, but that was like at half nine, nearly ten in the morning.

Feed me Then Jools gave me another COVID haircut. A little bit shorter than expected in places, but not looking too bad.

Then a shower.

Breakfast.

More coffee.

I do some writing, edit some pictures.

Bird's Foot Trefoil We have lunch.

And a brew.

Then more writing, editing. Outside the wind blew the dark clouds across the sky. Too cold to sit in the garden.

So I cut the cheesecake I made.

One hundred and forty three I mean, it won't will any beauty contests. Top a little burnt, and it surrered a dramatic collapse. But it tasted fine. Excellent in fact.

And then it was four in the afternoon and "officially" the weekend.

A week ago I ordered some panko breadcrumbs. One and a half kilos of breadcrumbs. Wholemeal breadcrumbs are not that heavy, but a kilo and a half would be a lot. Pank weighs little. A kilo and a half is a lot of panko. So I had better start using them.

Cut-leaved Crane's-bill Geranium dissectum, I use a cupful in coating chicken breasts to shallow fry. I boil the remainder of the new potatoes and stir fry some vegetables, add a good squirt of sweet chilli sauce on them.

Thistle And done.

And that worked.

Washed down with wine.

I did look in the garden early evening, as the wind dropped. Found a new species of flower growing near the middle patio, bird's foot trefoil spreading too. And a frong looking out of the bigger pond.

Froglet I snap them all.

Friday night is gardening night, though is mostly repeats. Our eyes grow heavy at half nine, so give in and go to bed.

Nightall.

No comments: